Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winter is Coming!

Fellow Sleadheads,
It seems that the winter has been slow to show up this year.
Well take a look at what's going to happen up North in the Togwotee area this week!!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.82016115241739&lon=-110.14823913574219&site=riw&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Finally!!!

I've got more miles on my snowboard than I do on my sled.. Now it looks like Winter is going to show up with vengeance!  (Knock on Wood)
And just in time for our customer appreciation weekend. Jan 28th.
I am looking forward to get to see everyone again up at the lodge and out on the snow.

I have been getting out as much as I can. So far I have been to Togwotee over the New Years weekend and the snow was great Awesome!
One of my favorite riding areas is going up to the North East through the trees to Angle Mountain.
My normal way up can take you 15-25 minutes, depending on who gets stuck and in what tree well, Well this time it took us 2 and a half hours!!
That's what I call a good day!

The Snowy Range has been a real disappointment so far this year with just a few areas that still have some snow hidden in the trees and drainages.
The Sierra Madres have been about the same. The wind has really done some damage and has kept any snow from really sticking on the top of most slopes and you have to pick your way through the rocks and stumps.
We have really been spoiled from the last 2 record breaking years in the snowfall down south.

I also have been riding up on Casper Mountain and I got to tell ya, I have been pleasantly surprised by the snow conditions up there.

People have been asking me when I am going to install the turbo on the new sled. Well while I was playing golf with my folks in Arizona, Chad Westbrook did the install for me. So when I got back it was ready to rock.. Thanks again Chad!
I have just over 200 miles on it and this thing rips! I have been running 8-10#'s of boost and I am really enjoying it.
The new turbo kit from Boondocker has a couple new features that make it even more user friendly than last years.
At 10#'s this thing is a real handful especially on a 155 skid. It's been a new experience to steer the sled with more body english than what I was use to on last years 163 skid. Sean Mortensen from Rawlins makes it look easy... or at least less out of control than anyone else can.
I am working on some rear skid modifications so I can keep more track in the snow and the skis not so high in the air.
The turbo sleds are a blast to ride.

Another engine mod that we have been doing down at Driven, is the SLP stage 3 and Stage 4 kits. For around $2800.00 installed. (Stage 4) On the stage 4 kit you gain 20 horsepower and this kit is as easy as add gas and oil and you are ready to fly.
The kit has been very user friendly and the bottom end is awesome. every time I get to ride one it just make me wonder if I can put a turbo on a stage 4 kit?  Hmmm?
On either kit vs stock it's not even close.. If you are thinking about sneaking up on your buddies check out the stage 3 or the stage 4 kit from SLP.
The stage 3 kit is around 15 horsepower gain and is also a real sleeper. ($2300.00) installed
SLP has hit a homerun on these kits and for the guys out there that have done the stage 4 kit they still have perma grins on there face.
Get with the staff out front for more info on the kits.

As for my monthly rides, Barry and I will look at some dates starting next month and we will also visit with everyone up in Togwotee and get some ideas of what works and go from there.

I am really looking forward on getting out there and ride with as many of you as I can. So stay tuned for monthly updates on conditions and rides.
We will see you at Togwotee next week.

Happy Sledding!!
David (DC Turbo) Chadderdon

No comments:

Post a Comment