Monday, January 31, 2011

Pro RMK turbo build

All right let the fun begin!!!!

I finally took the plunge. I couldn't handle it anymore, I had to have some BOOST!!
I decided to go with the Boondocker Turbo kit, because the ease of the install and the simplicity of the kit.

The kit itself comes in 2 boxes and was the easiest installation of all.
I have helped out in several installations of "Superchargers" and "Turbo kits" in the Yamaha's
And this Boondocker kit was a breeze.
With the help of Matt Desch and Matt Frisby we had the turbo kit itself installed  in about 2 hours.
The installation of the EGT's and the EBC. (Electronic Boost Control) took another 4 or so hours.

The first day out.
On the first day we were in the Madres and Barry and I didn't have very good luck on trying to tune this kit and we were actually talking about bagging it and going back to the trailer.
We were having a tough time cleaning out the bottom end and not hit the "DET" sensor on every pull up a hill.
With the help of Sean Mortenson from Rawlins we got it cleaned up somewhat.

That night the light bulb went off in my head and I remembered that the instructions called for a "calibration of the EBC to the Boondocker box"  I wanted to check that and make sure I did that correctly during the install.
Well I didn't.. So good news, once I got the boxes talking to each other correctly the sled came to life and now we have a sled that rips!!!
Great low end response and strong mid range.
The clutching was a little off and I was not getting the full RPM's that I needed. So time to reclutch.

I have not been back out since then and now Boondocker has a new program that is suppose to make it even easier to tune and also will let you run up to 11.5 pounds of boost!! That's around 75 horsepower added to the stock 150 hp.


We will have this sled up in Togwotee on the customer appreciation ride Feb. 5th to show you and if you dare to take it for a spin.

So here is to the boys in the back, the unsung heros that keep our sleds rocking!
Thanks boys. I owe you a beer!

If you have any questions on the kit let me know or give Barry a call.

As always thanks for following my blog,
and Happy Sledding!
DC Turbo


enjoy the pics.
The Matt's working hard.
Barry, I don't know what he was doing???
 This is all of the kit.. Simple
The turbo is nice and low to keep the center of gravity low.
Matt Desch
 Installing the EGT's

Wiring time... not so fun.

Finished...
Nice clean look.


This is what you need to expect with the Boondocker Turbo kit!!
Oh yaa it is that much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment